All bookings have to be made on-line
We don't have set pitches, but we reckon there are 11 places within the moated area (not including the bell tents) and 9 places the far side of the moat in the orchard. All fires must be in the baskets provided - no fires on the ground as it is a Scheduled ancient monument
Camping Fees are £12 per adult (age 18+) per weekday and £14 weekend nights (Friday and Saturday)
£6 per child (12 to 17 years) per night. To make a booking, please use the Bookings page.
Logs can be bought on site for £5 per bag and are stored in a cage next to the compost loos.
Please pay cash paid into the Honesty box outside the Camping Kitchen or if you don't have cash please
use our online ordering by clicking here (or add them to your booking on the extras page)
We now have Wi-Fi available to everyone by the facilities.
WARNING - Bring ear-plugs if your likely to be kept awake by the church bells!
Please see below for our camping conditions which are important to keep to, as our future depends on it.
Our campsite is chilled, and quiet - as it is in the grounds of Holycombe Holistic Retreat Centre - and to ensure that all our guests have the quiet, peaceful experience they expect, we have designated our site a “Quiet Campsite”
The conditions we have to adhere to are in order to meet our planning permission:
1. All bookings must be made on-line
2. No fires directly on the ground - only in the fire-baskets provided
3 No motorhomes only small campervans - we do not have grey water/chemical disposal units.
4. No groups. We do not allow groups due to the amount of noise that is generated when a group of people get together. There is maximum of 2 adults per booking for a camping pitch, and you are only able to make one booking per party. (A family of upto 2 adults & 2 children 12+ is allowed)
5. We welcome people having a glass of wine or beer around the fire but if you wish to get drunk then this is not the campsite for you. We pride ourselves on being a quiet and peaceful campsite and alcohol in larger quantities generally leads to others being disturbed.
6. No noise at any time, no music, radios , ipods, drums or other instuments etc and silence after 11.00pm
In order to achieve this we only take families, couples and singles.
7. We do not allow unaccompanied teenagers or groups. Only couples, families or singles. Groups must be arranged by prior contact before booking.
8. We regret that, because of this, we have been forced to limit our campsite to adults and children age 12 and over only. However, on the positive side, we can now guarantee that the campsite is a more peaceful venue and will particularly suit anyone who would prefer a children-free environment or who simply want to enjoy an exceptionally beautiful and historic place.
Bring your earplugs if you are sensitive to the sounds of church bells.
You can have fires here provided that they are in the fire baskets provided and we sell wood for £4 a bag.
Anyone disturbing the tranquility of the site will be politely asked to leave, and we ask guests to report any disturbance on site - see contact us
The Campsite Vibe
“How wonderful to have turned a scrap yard into a beautiful tranquil green space, we watched red kites circle, hedgehogs rumaging and a great view of jupiter”
“We arrived before the weekend and it was just us for a few days, bliss. Was still peaceful as others arrived and everyone was respectful of each other”
“Peace & quiet, plus perfect for winter camping with a lovely warm kitchen, loo and showers! We'll be back in a few weeks!”