The Campsite Rules
Our campsite is chilled, and quiet - as it is in the grounds of Holycombe Holistic Retreat Centre - and to ensure that all our guests have the quiet, peaceful experience they expect, we have designated our site a “Quiet Campsite”
For a copy of our Fire Management Plan and Emergency Evacuation Procedure click here
When you make a booking with us at Cotswold Camping you are agreeing to adhere to the rules set out below:
Rules developed by the Local Planners and Historic England in consultation with the owners.
Cotswolds Camping at Holycombe is designated a quiet campsite and is specifically for the use of customers who appreciate its quietness. Rules 2 – 11 are designed to ensure this.
1. All visitors to the camp site must sign-in in the book in the camping kitchen.
2. No Children under the age of 12 are allowed to stay on the site and no unaccompanied teenagers.
3. No Music, musical instruments, radios &c, whether amplified or not allowed on the site.
4. No Dogs are allowed on the site. (please contact us about Guide Dogs)
5. No Groups over 2 adults are allowed to book on our website. (unless arranged prior to booking)
6. There can be no stag or hen parties.
7. We welcome people having a glass of wine or beer around the fire but if you wish to get drunk then this is not the campsite for you. We pride ourselves on being a quiet and peaceful campsite and alcohol in larger quantities generally leads to others being disturbed.
8. There can be no fireworks or Chinese lanterns used.
9. There will be no noise between 11pm and 7am. Guests to be quiet from 10pm.
10. There will be no vehicle movements between 11pm and 7am.
11. There shall be no more than 40 campers in their own tents/campervan.
12. There will be no more than an additional 26 campers using our Glamping Sites.
13. There will be no more than 10 small campervans on site on any one night.
-> Please note we do not have grey water/chemical disposal units
-> Campervans must be under 6.25m long, 2.22m in width and 2.77m in height when closed.
14. No caravans or Motorhomes are allowed on site.
15. No cars to be parked on the roads outside. Additional parking may take place next the House.
16. Camping is restricted to the areas designated by signposts.
17. Visitors to the site must book on line even if they arrive late.
18. Fires on the Scheduled Ancient Monument must only be lit in FIRE BASKETS. (these are provided) these will also be used for BBQs.
19. Rubbish to be taken home or put in decent black bags (provided in kitchen) & left in the trailer at entrance to site.
20. There are four open-air fire-points containing seven fire extinguishers.
21. There are fire extinguishers and fire blankets in the camping kitchen.
22. Major or Urgent Complaints should be made to: 01608 684239 or 07974 080013.
23. Minor complaints, suggestions and other feedback are welcomed on feedback forms.
24. Other communications can be made either through the website or to
25. There will be no camping in the main house garden other than gazebo/tree house glamping.
26. In the event of torrential rain causing flooding, you may be asked to leave the site and you will be expected to re-park your car on hard standing by the main house or near the site entrance.
27. There can be no weddings on site.
* Historic England is the government agency responsible for the maintenance of Scheduled Ancient Monuments. The Campsite occupies the SAM of Whichford’s Norman Castle.